© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, May 1, 2009

High And Low

Last week, The Promenade opened at The Camarillo Outlets, so I had to go check it out. My first stop was the Nieman Marcus Last Call. After trying on some Balenciaga boots, I realized two things: 1) designer footwear, although well made, isn't necessarily comfortable and 2) if you can afford to do so, then now is the time to score some deals on luxury merchandise that isn't selling at full price.

Not only did I spy these futuristic Balenciaga boots, but I saw some sculptural Prada sandals and a pair of elegant Dior slingbacks. After slipping my feet into these incredibly uncomfortable Balenciagas, I immediately knew why they were at the outlet. But curiosity got the best of me and I just had to try them on for the experience of knowing what they felt like. It seems that in this case, $573 does not buy you comfort, and my feet thanked me the minute I slipped them off.

Balenciaga boots

As I browsed the other stores at the newly opened Promenade, I noticed signage indicating that a very large Forever 21 store would be opening in the fall. It seems like the suffering economy isn't slowing them down...

Camarillo Outlets