© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Big City Of Dreams

When you think about New York, a few things may come to mind: riding the subway, walking through Central Park, catching a cab, grabbing a bite to eat from a street vendor, window shopping on the Upper East Side, people watching at Union Square, browsing the art at Moma or the Met, eating New York-style pizza, or watching indie bands play at a park. As I absorbed the energy of this frenetic city, I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to live there. Although a vacation must always come to an end, the memories generated during it do not. But when my memories of NY start to fade, I'll still have my photos to remind me of my daily pursuits in the city. The next time I go, I'll have a whole new set of things on my to-do list, and a new set of memories. For now, here are some of my fondest images. New York, I think I kind of miss you (except for the weather).

New York City hot dog vendor
It's amazing how many different things you can buy from a NY street vendor.

Photobucket
Always a lover of modern art, I was inspired by this installation at Moma.

New York City
Bryant Park - where it all goes down every September and February. It looks so small and peaceful in person.

New York City view
Quintessential NY - an obligatory/touristy photo of the Empire State Building.

Photobucket
Watching The Rhodes perform at Washington Square Park...great (free!) music and amazing street style.

Photobucket
Walking through Central Park on a muggy museum-hopping day.

Photobucket
View looking northward from the Top of the Rock.

Photobucket
Pizza, pizza, pizza. In my opinion, the best way to eat cheaply in the city.

Photobucket
Flowers in bloom outside The Frick Collection.