© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Looking At Loomstate For Target

Always a fan of Target's limited edition designer collections, I ventured out to shop the new eco-friendly Loomstate for Target line which launched in stores today. Unlike previous designer efforts, this one included offerings for both men and women. While the men's racks were pristine and seemingly untouched, the women's racks looked like they'd been ravaged by hungry Loomstate shoppers. Many of the pieces were not available in sizes small through large, leaving only extra smalls and extra larges. For prospective shoppers who are wondering about sizing, the extra small tees looked like they were cut narrow and ran smaller than the GO International pieces tend to be. Likewise, the swimwear and short shorts also run small.

As you can tell from the photos, the pickings were slim and far from tidy. If anyone is interested in shopping the line and it's not available at a store near you (it's only in 250 stores, like the McQ collection), I recommend checking out the website asap for optimal selection. In addition, I've found that organic fabrics shrink more than non-organic, so I'd advise ordering up a size to be safe and to account for the shrinkage. When I washed and dried three of my Rogan for Target tops last year, to my dismay, they each seemed to shrink about two whole sizes.

This time around there won't be an in-depth review or any fitting room photos, as there was so little left to choose from that I skipped the dressing room. This time around, I only bought two items - the pieced black/gray tank top and the white pelican print tee. I'd like to get my hands on the long gray tunic/tee, which reminds me of the one from the Rogan for Target collection. It would work well as a comfy beach cover up, as a tunic worn with leggings, or even as a dress with a woven belt and some fun accessories.

Overall, while I wasn't excited about the basic designs, I thought they'd appeal to a wide variety of shoppers due to their low prices, their simplicity, and the organic fabrics. I did like the color palette of neutrals punctuated with blues and pinks. Many of the pieces incorporate an element of nature with the animal prints and graphics, giving them a casual, summery vibe. I was pleased to see prices under $45, women's tops under $20, and the liberal use of comfortable fabrics such as cotton, linen, and silk. It would have been great to see a pair of jeans or denim shorts in the women's line, though!
Loomstate for Target

Loomstate for Target

Loomstate for Target