© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Flea Marketing

Part of the appeal of shopping and browsing at flea markets is that you never know what you may unearth. Call it the thrill of the hunt. Some people may categorize the merchandise as junk, others may call it antiques and collectibles. Whatever your opinion might be, there's an interesting trend that I've noticed as a result of the collapsing economy. More people seem to be shopping for secondhand goods at flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, and so on. Not only is this trend environmentally friendly, it's economical and makes sense for the times. And more people seem to be catching on in recent months. For example, my last few trips to the famous Rose Bowl Flea Market revealed a marked increase in the number of vendors as well as buyers. Furthermore, this past weekend, this smaller flea market which specializes in home furnishings had increased attendance, as the parking lot was filled to capacity and I had to weave through crowds of shoppers which weren't present in the past.

As I shopped with my Canon Rebel XS in tow, naturally, a few things inpsired me...my apologies if they lean towards the girly or shabby chic side - that's just what I'm drawn to.

Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Photobucket

While browsing and snapping away, I couldn't resist photographing my shoes in an old mirror.