© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Shoes

Every fashion-obsessed girl knows that footwear can make or break an outfit. As a lifelong lover and collector of boots, I can certainly attest to this. As stores unveil their new spring shoes and offer more warm weather styles, I can't help but lust after a few more pairs that would update my wardrobe perfectly. Some key trends to look for when choosing some new shoes this season are:
  • exotic textures (reptile prints, feathers, etc.)
  • ankle cuffs and ankle interest
  • studs, rhinestones, buckles, spikes, and fringe as embellishment
  • slouchy boots
  • strappy, cage-y heels
  • platforms to the tune of 1" or more (previously thought to be reserved for "exotic dancers" but now at the top of my wish list due to their height-boosting comfort)
  • gladiators in various shapes - flats, wedges, and stilettos (yes, they're back)

Since it's not reasonable for me to go out and buy all of the shoes I'd like this season, and because I'm no slouch when it comes to online shopping and creating collages in Photoshop, I've selected some of my top cheap chic mall store picks to help supress my urge to buy. I can't help it, I have a...

Photobucket

images from aldoshoes.com and bakersshoes.com