© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Alias

With all the denim trends that come and go each season, there's always one style of jeans that remains a classic - it has a dark rinse, no more than 3% stretch, a medium rise, and is boot cut or slightly flared with 5-pocket styling. In my opinion, these are the most flattering and ingenious qualities in a pair of jeans that will enable them to stand the test of time and prevent them from looking dated. With clever styling, they can go from the classroom or the boardroom to happy hour or the dance floor.

Consider the qualities of your favorite pair of jeans. Do they slim your thighs, elongate your legs, make your booty look perky, or feel so comfortable you don't want to take them off? My favorite pairs are tight in all the right places, don't gap out in the waist, have perfectly placed back pockets, and have a rise of at least 7.5".

After the designer denim craze (which began for me in 2003 with a pair of Sevens), I learned exactly how I wanted my perfect pair of jeans to fit. Luckily, the designers of Alias Premium Denim understand exactly what women like me want, and they have designed their "Sweet Dee" jeans accordingly. A slightly higher rise in the back than in the front? Check. A sophisticated dark rinse with subtle fading on the thighs? Check. A slightly flared leg opening which visually elongates and slims the leg? Check. Subtle stitching on the back pockets? Check. Thick, quality fabric with just the right amount of stretch? Check. In fact, the fabric was so sturdy that I broke two needles while hemming my pair. It seems like they've got all the bases of premium denim covered, but without the triple digit price tag. Incredibly, these jeans retail for a mere $40. With affordable brands like Alias, I can now happily write that my days of overspending on designer denim are long gone.

Alias Premium denim



Alias Premium denim



Alias Premium denim

Wearing: floral blouse - F21, skinny scarf - Old Navy, Army jacket - I ♥ Ronson, studded belt - F21, jeans - Alias Premium Denim, boots - H&M