© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Heart Ronson?

In my quest to find this on-trend floral jumpsuit from the I ♥ Ronson for JCPenney line, I spent a few minutes inspecting the collection today.

I Heart Ronson JC Penney

image from nylonmag.com
Although I'm a loyal fan of designer diffusion lines, especially for budget retailers, this collection wasn't particularly inspiring. Don't get me wrong - I'm a fan of Charlotte Ronson's youthful, flirty design aesthetic. I wholeheartedly adore the C. Ronson line, as I've been admiring multitudes of Charlotte's designs since I began reading Japanese magazines five years ago.

In the I ♥ Ronson line, there were ruched tunics, tailored vests and blazers, simple tank tops, and a few printed woven pieces in simple silhouettes. I was slightly disappointed because they were basic items that I could find just about anywhere else in the mall. I did admire the cool, muted color palette, which consisted of dusty mauves, subdued blues, deep grays, and frosty pinks.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The one and only item that caught my eye (and that I ended up buying) was this Army green cotton jacket. It has a detachable hood and drawstring waist, which makes it convenient and versatile. I've been searching flea markets and thrift stores high and low for a jacket just like this for many months. It will be the perfect layering piece to wear over:
1. a floral dress and combat boots
2. a tunic, leggings, and ankle boots
or
3. shredded cutoff shorts with a loose tee and Converse sneakers

Photobucket


Photobucket

Cotton jacket, $65, I ♥ Ronson for JCPenney
In the meantime, I'll be excitedly awaiting the arrival of the floral jumpsuit at a JCPenney near me.