© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

10 Miles

On my frequent bike rides I pass through the most beautiful, serene landscapes. I'm surrounded by quiet farmland, rolling hills, chirping birds, and the occasional cow or horse calmly grazing on hay or grass. As I'm cycling, the cool breeze blows in my face, invigorating me and awakening me to the beauty of my surroundings. Although it's occurred to me that the bucolic scenery would make a perfect backdrop for some fashion photos, I didn't bring my camera along until today. I typically wear functional, not fashionable attire while riding, but with a backpack containing my camera in tow, I posed for a few photos.

Since summer, I've become a fan of wearing leggings with oversized tops in a nod to the late '80s and early '90s. It's not only comfortable and easy to throw on, but it's bicycle-friendly - no pants getting stuck in the chain. Today I biked about 10 miles in my new Aztec leggings and Forever 21 sweater (which I ripped myself for a Rodarte effect). And if you're wondering, I wore my Nikes for the ride and stashed the boots in the backpack. I haven't mastered riding in heels...yet.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



American Apparel Afrika leggings

Wearing: sunglasses - F21, white long-sleeved tee - J. Crew, customized/torn mesh sweater - F21, belt - Jonathan Saunders for Target, vest - vintage Levi's jacket customized by me, Afrika leggings - American Apparel, platform boots - Cathy Jean