© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shopping The Collection - Thakoon for Target

There's nothing quite like a quiet Sunday morning at Target, especially when Thakoon's collection for the GO International program is making its debut. Fortunately, the holiday crowds were missing and the Thakoon merchandise looked mostly untouched as I hurriedly walked in to examine the goods this morning. (The trick in my area is to go early, before church lets out and it gets busy.) This time around I only gathered six pieces for the fitting room, and purchased four of those. Considering that I typically buy 10 or more items from each of the GO collections, I exercised some restraint with this one. While I liked the shibori, floral, and striped prints, the voluminous, pleated silhouettes of the skirts and dresses were overwhelming on my petite frame. The best selling item at the store I visited was the blue and white shibori print shirtdress that was featured in the ads and is a dead ringer for one of Thakoon's spring '08 runway dresses. At $39.99, it sure beats paying for the original version, as Target's version has nice pleating, pockets, and is fabricated from practical and comfortable cotton.

Thakoon for Target

Thakoon for Target

Thakoon for Target
While I won't be writing an in-depth review of each piece that interested me, I'll be sharing some more photos of my favorites in the near future, so check back soon if you're interested.