© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fur In The Rain

I know that wearing fur in the rain isn't such a good idea, but a bad hair day combined with cooler temperatures and precipitation gave me motivation to cover my head with a vintage sable hat I found months ago at an antiques shop. I've been waiting patiently for four months to put this hat to use. I realize that wearing fur is a personal and controversial issue, but I'm not going to defend my preferences, except to state that I am OK with wearing vintage fur. (If you object, then please read Queen Michelle's eloquent explanation of why she wears vintage fur. I couldn't agree with her more.) Part of why I was drawn to the hat in the first place is because of its close proximity to my hair color. It just blends right in with my coloring. Interestingly enough, I read recently that 80% of your body heat is lost through your head. So to put this to the test, I've been wearing hats, beanies, and berets quite often, and it seems to be working.


vintage fur hat


Photobucket

For a Prada-inspired look, I paired my lace T-shirt with a flesh-toned top. Initially, I was going to wear a black top underneath, but I like the contrast of tan and black much better.

Photobucket

The boots are new purchases from my favorite cheap chic footwear retailer, GoJane. Can you believe these babies retail for $14.70? My expectations for their quality aren't high, and we'll see how they hold up...