© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The F21 DIY

Rodarte's spidery knits continue to intrigue me, so when I came upon this crochet top on F21's website, I thought it would make an ideal knit for a Rodarte-inspired DIY session. Even though I possess Topshop's deconstructed Rodarte-esque sweater, sometimes I get overly enthusiastic about a trend and buy several versions of it. (This season, I went crazy over studs, dark florals, and plaid.) At $27.50, this sweater is more affordable than Topshop's, and you can even use it take out your holiday-related stress with scissors or a seam ripper to create those loose, ladder-like holes. For the insouciant look that fashion magazine editors can't seem to get enough of, pair it over a fitted dress and sky high heels, or with skinny trousers, a vest, and ankle boots for an undone-yet-polished effect.

Forever 21 sweater

Image from forever21.com