© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fur Real

After watching several episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project, I've developed an affinity for fur and faux fur outerwear. Maybe it's the effortless manner in which Rachel Zoe wears her oversized fur vests and coats on her small frame and the classic glamour that they impart. While she no doubt wears the real thing, I'm content to opt for either cheap chic acrylic versions or inexpensive vintage flea market finds, as they appeal more to my conscience and my budget. An overcast day of flea market browsing by the beach this weekend gave me a long-awaited opportunity to wear one of my new faux fur vests (from F21) over a paisley dress for a look that's inspired by this season's offerings from Gucci. As luck would have it, as I browsed, I found the perfect vintage jacket that appears to be fur. Since the label is missing, I don't know what it's actually made of, but for $20, it certainly made my day.

Photobucket


Photobucket