© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Target Private Label 4 Purchases

A trip to Target today for laundry essentials and last minute Halloween candy revealed that the GO International Private Label Collection 4 is now available. There weren't very many pieces on the racks, but the cropped military jacket, strapless flocked dress, Batman tee, and lace tops caught my wandering eye. The military jacket, with its cutaway style, looks like it could have come off the racks of Topshop or Nordstrom. And later, as I browsed the non GO collection racks, I spotted oversized boyfriend blazers and shiny coated skinny jeans in the Juniors department. (Target, I'm impressed!) In the interest of time, I resisted the urge to do a fitting room photo shoot and bought two tops instead. The first one is a dressy cotton and modal blend tee with a lace print, banded waist, and large keyhole opening in the back. It retails for $19.99 and I must admit that I'm very pleased with its comfort and its details.

Photobucket

In honor of my esteemed '80s fashion incon, Madonna, I added my F21 fingerless lace gloves. The ripped jeans are from my recent Topshop adventures in Edinburgh. I'm loving this torn Erin Wasson/Alexander Wang-ish look right now, as it suits my mood, and I'm contemplating taking a pair of old skinnies and attacking them with my Ginghers for a fun DIY project.

Photobucket

I initially had mixed feelings about the paint splatter and rhinestone adorned Batman tee, especially since it's priced at $29.99. In the end, I felt nostalgic for Luella's SS '08 collection and couldn't resist. I paired the tee with an elastic belt and my new houndstooth tulip skirt from Lindex in Stockholm.

Photobucket

With regards to winter-y textures, Target is right on trend with their lace, flocking, and velvet pieces in this collection. As more items filter into Target, I'll probably pick up a few more and share my opinions. I'll also be anticipating the release of the Thakoon images with excitement and high expectations. An affordable masstige-y Michelle Obama-inspired floral frock is at the top of my wish list...