© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sequins and Sweats

If the European high street stores are any indication of trends to come Stateside, then I have a hunch that sequins will continue to remain strong as a form of embellishment on dresses, belts, party tops, and even trousers. At Topshop I spotted an intriguing pair of sequined skinnies, and I also eyed many a sequined beret during my high street excursions. And although Europe tends to be at least six months ahead of the U.S. when it comes to fashion trends, my local F21 store has a whole section devoted entirely to sequined tunics and cardigans. It was in this section that I found the mini skirt pictured below. Having bought into the sequin trend heavily during the summer of '07, I have often pondered how to work sequins for daytime. For me, pairing the skirt with a simple sweatshirt makes the look much more casual. I drew inspiration from the always stylish Beth of The Vintage Society. The way she pairs a short-sleeved Gap sweatshirt with her leopard mini skirt is so efforless and chic.

With my new skirt, a simple gray tee from American Apparel, some layered necklaces, and my black Chucks would also do the trick for daytime. Then, if I want to dress the skirt up for a night out, I might add a a faux tan, a frilly blouse, some high heel ankle boots, and a small quilted handbag.

sequin skirt

Sweatshirt and skirt from F21, motorcycle boots from New Look