© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lunch & Shopping In Santa Barbara

I recently had lunch at a charming Danish bakery and eatery in Santa Barbara called Andersen's. My original intent upon going there was to have the low tea, as I'm a tea lover at heart. Luckily, they serve breakfast past 11am, so I sampled an omelette along with my tea. They have a wonderful bakery (which serves kringles) in addition to two dining rooms, which are tastefully decorated in traditional tea room style - colorful paintings, pastel walls, tufted chairs, ornate woodwork, etc. Don't worry, this isn't going to be a post about food. I simply needed fuel for my downtown Santa Barbara shopping trip, and Andersen's was on my list of new places to try.

Photobucket

After lunch, I shopped at my usual Santa Barbara haunts, but didn't find anything new or interesting. Instead, I photographed some store windows - something I haven't done in a while because I feel that readers do not understand or appreciate why I have done this in the past. As a freelance fashion forecaster/photographer and intern, it was my responsibility to photograph store windows, in-store displays, and stylish people on the streets. My photos were used in trend reports that fashion companies and designers buy in order to see what's happening at retail and to learn what the competition is up to. Please note that in no way are the stores that I photograph endorsed by myself or this blog. I just happen to photograph what catches my eye. If that happens to be H&M in San Francisco one day and Wet Seal in Santa Barbara another day, then so be it. As far as I know, there aren't many other bloggers providing this type of retail information on their blogs. This information is meant for fashion designers, buyers, merchandisers, shopaholics, and other people who read this blog and have an appreciation for such photos. So without further ado, here are some of my most recent picks.

Photobucket

Typical fall colors such as brown, mustard, and burnt orange rule the windows at Wendy Foster.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Sequins, zebra prints, and bold graphics brighten up Wet Seal's windows.

Photobucket


Photobucket

So readers, please let me know what you think, should I continue to post store window photos?
© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide