© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Halloween Shopping

Although it may seem a bit early to be shopping for Halloween, I discovered that Halloween pop-up shops are the best place to shop for hard-to-find fall trends at low price points. For example, I've been looking for some Luella-esque cat eye glasses without any luck. I recently found a funky pair at my local Halloween shop for $8, and then I came upon a cat mask for $10. Thanks to Miucca, lace is everywhere this season, so why not try a Halloween store for lace gloves? I found several pairs in both black and white and in various lengths. And those black lipstick-clad models on the fall '08 YSL runway? I didn't have to search very hard to find a tube of black lipstick in my Halloween store's makeup department. Further inspired by Stefano Pilati's fall show, I was tempted to look for a black bowl-cut wig, but I thought that might be too much. I also found (and bought) some Rodarte-esque spider web tights that I'm tempted to attack with some scissors. In the end, I left the Halloween shop with a renewed interest in fall '08 trends and I'm tempted to return for a fringed vest, some patterned tights, and possibly some more items to complete the Gothic Romance look that's captivated me.