© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up - Shopping and Trends

Shopping in Orange County is always a pleasurable experience for me, especially since I don't shop there as often as I'd like. With the endless selection of malls, thrift stores, fast fashion boutiques, and discounters, my only problem is deciding where to start. When I'm pressed for time, and only have a couple of hours to shop, I try to squeeze in a trip to South Coast Plaza due to its large selection of flagship stores. (Their stores consistently carry the best selection of merchandise.) Since my time was extremely limited this past weekend, I targeted my shopping strategy to include Zara, the Gap, H&M, and Wet Seal.

At the Gap, I unsuccessfully searched for the new grunge-inspired plaid dresses, but saw the usual basics there and walked out disappointed. Wet Seal went heavy on plaid this season, with everything from blazers and headbands to pumps and skirts sporting a plaid print. In the back of the store, I eyed some white skinny jeans with neon paint splatters, and some Karen Walker-esque tie dye jeans which didn't seem to be selling well. I even saw a chunky sweater dress that came with a matching pair of legwarmers. As I browsed at Zara, my eyes widened with delight upon seeing Native American-inspired vests, ponchos, and skirts. I admired a pair of distressed cutoff shorts that gave a nod to Alexander Wang's latest collection and a long faux fur vest that I could easily imagine Beth from The Vintage Society wearing. I also lusted after purple and dusty blue-hued folkloric tops, flat knee-high boots, and fringed peep-toe booties, but ended up not buying anything. Despite not buying anything at the Gap or Zara, I did take plenty of loot home.


Photobucket

At H&M, I found the tiered floral dress pictured above. I'm considering wearing it this weekend to a party, but without the tee layered underneath. When the weather finally cools, I'll try pairing it with black tights, a cinched belt, ankle boots, and a motorcycle jacket or preppy cardigan.


Photobucket

Also from H&M is the printed tank pictured above. I was drawn to the feminine rose prints and the rendering of the woman's face, since it reminds me of something you might find in an artist's sketchbook.

I'm curious to know, what are some of your favorite fall finds? What are you looking forward to wearing?


© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide