© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trend On The Rise - Body-con

One of this season's trickier trends to pull off is body-con. Although the Robert Palmer video girls worked the trend quite nicely in the classic "Simply Irresistible" video, the slinky silhouettes show off every curve and are undoubtedly unforgiving. So the conservative and modest side of my personality hesitated to try body-con pieces up until now. Thank goodness for undergarments that shape!

While browsing at Bebe last weekend, I lusted after several styles of colorblock body-con dresses. At $98, however, I decided to wait and see if I could find the trend at a lower price point. I didn't have to wait very long, as one of my frequent trips to Target uncovered some fitted mini skirts in various graphic prints for only $12.99. I picked up the floral one (they also have leggings in the same prints as the skirts), as I plan on wearing floral prints well into the fall season. (Please excuse my pallid limbs, as they appear quite pasty in the photos below. Self tanner, here I come!)

bodycon floral skirt

My body-con search resulted in even more luck when I found this purple bandage-y dress pictured below at Gossip in Santa Barbara. It also comes in red or black, and at only $26.99, I'm seriously considering going back for another one (unless someone reads this and beats me to it). The metallic chainmail belt is also from Gossip, and it reminds me of the Nine West chain belt that's on many a fashion blogger's wish list. Having worn the dress out on Saturday night, I can attest to the reality that men respond positively to body-con dressing, however, the same probably isn't true for bubble skirts and trapeze dresses.

bodycon bandage dress

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide