© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Sneak Peek At Target's GO International Private Label 3

Target Go International Private Label 3

Last night a quick walk through Target's Juniors department yielded a few new pieces from their third GO International Private Label collection. To my knowledge, this collection is supposed to debut on Sunday, August 31st. Since Target has a way of releasing some of the GO International collections a few days early, I wasn't surprised to see the new pieces. As they were mixed in with the Richard Chai merchandise (which doesn't seem to be selling well at the stores near me), I had to sort through the racks and read the tags in order to figure out what was new. This is probably one of my least favorite collections based upon the images I've seen, however, I thought I'd give it a chance. So I grabbed three pieces and sauntered off to the unusually quiet fitting rooms. (Please excuse the poor quality of the photos, as I left my trusty camera at home and had to rely upon my cell phone.)

First up is the corduroy pencil skirt in a black and white houndstooth print. At $26.99, I think it's a piece that I might buy in the near future. The trendy print gives a nod to the fall Marc by Marc Jacobs collection and it looks so realistic that from Target's image album photo, you'd swear it was a knit and not corduroy. The fit is slender throught the waist and thigh area, with a zip fly and side pockets if I recall correctly. The second piece is the 100% polyester diamond dress in black, which is selling for $39.99. It's a heavyweight polyester and I thought the fit was too loose/unflattering for my taste. It's reminiscent of the Erin Fetherston for Target babydoll dresses that I stocked up on last fall. The back zip was of poor quality and therefore a bit hard to zip all the way up without assistance. There is a nice yoke detail at the waist, but the dress didn't do anything for me so I shrugged my shoulders and tried on piece number three - the corduroy shift dress in plaid. With it's 1960s-inspired silhouette and oversized buttons, this dress (which sells for $34.99) is oozing with charm. I didn't like the burst of bright orange, but I did like the above-the-knee length of the skirt and the 3/4-length sleeves. If I were to buy this, I'd probably belt it to define the waist. I'm hoping it will come in another colorway, so we'll see. As more pieces drift into the stores, I'll be browsing and trying them on, but with much less anticipation than I will be when the Jonathan Saunders GO International collection arrives at Target stores in October.

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide