© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Purple Rain

With temperatures in the upper 70s today (eek, I'm spoiled, because that's hot for where I live), I decided to put my beloved, oft-worn boots away and don my new Richard Chai tank tops with some skinnies and slash-front pumps. For a graphic effect, I layered the diagonal striped top underneath the vertical paintbrush/striped top and then added two necklaces - one short and one long. When it's hot, I get fussy with what I'm wearing and prefer to keep things simple.

Richard Chai for Target

I was so inspired by Sweetreat Fashion and the stylish way in which she rocks her Richard Chai for Target leather vest that I bought the vest when it I finally saw it at Target. While it's not the ultra-soft lambskin that you might expect from his regular collection, it's a good, quality leather vest for $79.99, and I adore the "RC" logo snaps and the tailored fit (it runs small).

Richard Chai for Target

As blue is my favorite color, the graffiti rose tank top (pictured below) will get a lot of wear over the next few months. I am currently intrigued by mixing different patterns such as florals and stripes. I think my AA cardigan strikes an unexpected (and hopefully interesting) contrast againt the graphic floral print.

Richard Chai for Target


When Target releases its GO International image albums, I intensely scrutinize the garments and wonder how the pieces can be styled differently. Admittedly, I rarely find their lookbooks or ad campaigns inspiring. Once I get my GO International purchases home, it's fun to play dress up and create totally different looks than what Target shows. Below, I took the striped tank from the RC collection and layered it over the racerback dress, then added a belt and the ubiquitous fringed scarf. What inspires me while reading fashion blogs is when pieces are worn and styled in new or unexpected ways, like Diana of Hot Chocolate & Mint and her harem pants or Beth of The Vintage Society and her stripe/floral mix. I find myself oddly addicted to these blogs, as both of these ladies have a unique sense of style and offer me endless fashion inspiration.

Richard Chai for Target