© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dear Mrs. Cruise...

boyfriend jeans

While I don't call myself a diehard celebrity style-watcher, I couldn't help but notice the latest denim trend that you helped to ignite. I want to thank you for taking a fashion risk by pegging your jeans. Even though some people may not like it, I can appreciate your effort to do something different with your look (this also includes your edgy new haircut). While pegged boyfriend jeans give a strong nod to the '90s, when I used to fold and roll my ill-fitting jeans to make them shorter, this time around I'm going to embrace it, especially on casual weekends. Since I don't plan on buying the pricey Current/Elliott version made popular by the article in the L.A. Times, (which has some great tips on how to work this look), the affordable $34.99 version from the men's department at Target suits me just fine. Or, even easier on the wallet are the two $5.95 versions of vintage 501 Levi's that I just bought at a local thrift store.

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide