© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back To School

Photobucket

Fortunately, I didn't have to wear school uniforms during my childhood. With much dread, I can imagine the boredom I'd have suffered from being limited to a dress code. That's probably why as an adult, I'm intrigued by school uniform-inspired pieces such as pleated skirts, jumpers, cardigans, shrunken blazers, and Peter Pan collar blouses. I hardly ever wore such pieces during my upbringing. Instead, I opted for trendy Guess jeans with zippered ankles in the '80s, neon shorts and Billabong or O'Neill surfer girl T-shirts in the early '90s, and casual bohemian looks in the early part of this decade. As many of the kids in my neighborhood head back to school, I'm grateful that my school days are over, and I'm paying tribute to my education with my preppy blazer, plaid button-front top, and geek chic glasses.

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide