© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Tip Of The Week - July 14

Today's tip of the week is inspired by an email I received from a reader who inquired about how to wear her summer dresses in the fall. As an avid fan of layering, my advice is to ward off the chills by pairing your dresses with tights, boots, fitted sweaters, blazers, peacoats, or thin turtlenecks. Sometimes I like to wear thin T-shirts under some of my dresses to keep warm and lend them a more casual look. Living in southern California, I admit that we don't truly have distinct seasons here, but when temperatures dip, layering is a great way to experiment with different pieces in your wardrobe to find new ways to get more mileage out of your warm weather clothing. Right now, I'm really into pairing American Apparel's cotton T-shirt dresses under my transparent dresses instead of a traditional slip.