© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reader Favorites

While soliciting reader opinions on what I should wear is not something I do often on Fashion Trend Guide, I wouldn't mind getting my readers' opinions on which outfits they prefer for an upcoming night on the town. I'm going out this weekend (think hot, crowded, sweaty nightclub) and since I have plenty of time to decide what to wear instead of scrambling to get ready with only a few hours notice, I thought I'd try on a few of my recent buys to see how they look.

In the top row, I'm wearing a very trendy Luella-esque tiered ruffle mini skirt with various tops and belts. In the second row, I'm experimenting with my new American Apparel pencil skirt and in look #5, a revamped skirt made out of a dress from Target's first Private Label GO collection. I like look #4, which consists of a racerback tank tucked into the AA skirt (to make it look like a dress), but I'm thinking about changing the shoes to something that helps to visually elongate the leg. Looks #7 and #9 incorporate neon brights, which are a great option for summer nights, but I'm not sure if I'll feel bold enough to wear them when it comes time to go out...so we'll see. I'm thinking look #7 might be too flashy or borderline tacky with the sequins and neon paired together. Look #8, however, is more sophisticated, and is probably something I'd wear out to dinner or on a date.



The overall look that I'm going for is fun, sleek, and summer-y. What do you like? Feel free to post a comment and tell me your favorites, or suggest a new outifit based on the pieces you see here.

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide