© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, March 31, 2008

"Subturban" Chic

After seeing a turban featured in the spring ads for Kohl's Simply Vera line, I decided I must have one. Never mind that I bought one almost a year ago when I was at H&M in London, when the trend was at its peak. We're a little behind on the trend curve here in the U.S., and I still haven't seen anyone (except myself) rockin' the trend here in my area of southern California. Turbans are a great alternative to the berets made so popular by celebs, emo girls, and just about every other girl on the street these days. I don't have anything against berets, but for some reason, when a trend such as this becomes ubiquitous, it loses its appeal to me. While I follow trends all the time, sometimes I just don't want to look like a carbon copy of any old girl you could find walking down the street. For now, I'll stash away the 4 berets I bought last season until the next windy/rainy/bad hair day. In an effort to revive Prada's spring '07 turbans, I'm going to seek out Vera Wang's $21 version at a local Kohl's store and wear it with pride...even if it's a little late.


Simply Vera Vera Wang Kohl's turban Leave your comments, what do you think of turbans vs. berets?

Photo credit: kohls.com