© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Shopping Roundup

Sometimes the more I see an item in the store, the more I like it. I passed up two opportunities to buy the diagonal-striped swimsuit from the Jovovich-Hawk for Target line, but I bought it the third time. What I like about it is the flattering color combination and the angled stripes which create the illusion of a slimmer shape. It can also be worn as a halter top with high-waisted jeans for a retro look.



In the photo above, I paired a bold graphic print top with my new high-waisted shorts from Forever 21. This top is one that I will only wear when I'm feeling happy or bold, as I'm sure to get some looks - both good and bad.

I found this pretty halter dress from a boutique called Camouflage in downtown Ventura, CA. It's got a great built-in belt, adorable buttons, and a flattering cut which emphasizes the waist and shoulders. This spring, I'll have so much fun layering this dress with T-shirts, cardigans, and scarves.

The edgy (and perhaps crazy-looking) paint-splatter top pictured above was one of those items that I made a mental note of while shopping. I didn't pick it up right away, instead, I thought about it for a few minutes and then decided that I couldn't let it slip away. It has ruched side seams so it can be worn long as a tunic or shorter like a tank top.

I must have been inspired by both Jake G.'s wardrobe in Brokeback Mountain and my upcoming trip to Texas when I bought the men's Wrangler jeans pictured above. In the past, I've seen Wranglers at Barneys New York and scoffed at the prices. I scored this pair for less than the cost of two movie tickets. They have the high waist I'm looking for and are cut pretty straight through the leg so I can wear (cowboy?) boots underneath my jeans. Now all I need to learn how to do is two-step...