© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My One Fashion Request

Yesterday for me a short day of shopping in Santa Barbara yielded some great finds - a colorful graphic silk top by Hurley and two bags full of cheap chic treats from Wet Seal. Pictures to follow very soon!

My trendspotting radar was turned on, however, I was distracted by an abundance of fashion crimes, namely, the wearing of Ugg-ly boots in public. In the space of about an hour, I counted no less than 10 pairs of Ugg-ly boots on the streets of Santa Barbara. When it comes to fashion and style, I have two major pet peeves - Ugg-ly boots and camouflage. It is my belief that Ugg-ly boots should not be worn out of the house, except to take out the trash, perhaps! Yes, I know they're comfortable. Yes, I know they're casual and easy to slip on. But they're ugly, dammit! And the world would be much more chic without them! Since I can't hand out fashion violation citations on the street, I'm going to request...no, beg my readers to refrain from wearing these horrific creations in the hopes that the world will take my advice and get some style by wearing some real footwear!

P.S. If you're one of the millions of people who wear Ugg-ly boots, this post is in no way meant to offend you, I'm simply expressing my strong opinion.