© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wearable Art

With art-inspired graphics shaping up to be one of spring's major trends, I instantly gravitated toward this paint splatter print top by Simply Vera Vera Wang at Kohl's. Sure the racks at my local Kohl's were overflowing with merchandise from the designer's line, however, anyone who is smart and wants to be first to show off this trend will pick up this top. While I'm not wild about every color in the shirt, I think the overall effect is subdued because the colors blend well together. Like every other piece in the Simply Vera Vera Wang line, this top runs huge! I may end up hemming the sleeves and making some minor alterations. Overall, I think it's a great layering piece for winter and it is lightweight enough to work well into the spring/summer season, which I am anxiously awaiting.



My two-tone metallic ankle boots from Victoria's Secret have arrived! While the lighting in the photograph is not optimal and does not do justice to the shoes, I really like the gold trim detail and the brown ribbon laces. And for $39.99, I can tolerate a little pain from the heels, which are almost 4 inches.

Here's the look with my new pieces all put together. I layered a thin black cotton cardigan and added a stretchy belt from H&M to define my waist. The jeans, which are from Old Navy, have a light silver sheen, which complements the shoes. And the green in the handbag coordinates well with some of the green tones in the top.