© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

San Francisco - Part 1

One of the reasons why I enjoy going to San Francisco is because of the scenic and peaceful drive. It's mostly open road, rolling hills, and cows on many parts of the 101 highway. This photo was taken somewhere north of San Luis Obispo on one of those long stretches of open highway that make me want to see how fast my car can go :)


On the drive there, I get so excited when I can see the city up ahead. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't optimal because of a couple of storm systems that were moving through, but I can't complain because it didn't rain too hard. I came prepared with waterproof jackets, hats, and umbrellas.

One of the first things I do when I get into the city is head for San Francisco Centre on Market Street - the Nordstrom there is one of the biggest and best on the West Coast. There are five or so levels of shopping heaven. I bought a couple of great wool jackets and shiny clutches at Nordstrom that I'll detail later...

One of the benefits of visiting during the holidays is that the stores in Union Square are decorated with pretty lights. Everything look so much better when the sun goes down.



Here's a photo of Union Square, with Saks and Tiffany & Co. in the background. The area has so many shopping choices from high end to low end. For example: Zara, Marc Jacobs, H&M, Loehmann's, Forever 21, Diesel, Chanel, and Barneys New York.


Union Square San Francisco I didn't buy as much as I normally do, probably because the post Xmas shopping season has left little selection in my size range in many of the popular chain stores. I'm also a tad bored with the Fall/Winter trends, and the Spring '08 merchandise hasn't come in yet. There were a lot of great sales, however. For instance, dresses were 50% off at MNG by Mango, and they had an extensive selection of trendy party frocks and day dresses.
I'll post photos of the Union Street shopping district and of my SF purchases very soon, so check back shortly!