© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, November 16, 2007

My Affinity for Animal Prints

A peek at my closet will reveal that I tend to wear solids more so than prints. When it comes to prints, however, I have a weak spot in my heart for animal prints, more specifically - leopard prints. Perhaps they allow me to express my "wild" side, who knows? At any rate, I find them to be sexy and classic. Like a timeless trenchcoat or cardigan, they never go out of style. With all of the internet window shopping that I've been doing lately, I've concluded that fall is the perfect season to find almost anything in an animal print, whether it's a pair of earrings, some ballet flats, or a sumtpuous coat.

Here I am wearing my adored F21 leopard print cardigan. Underneath is my "Night at the Disco" T, also from F21. I usually don't like to wear more then one F21 piece at a time, but I couldn't resist mixing gold and black with the leopard print.

Ah, my new gray leopard print jeans by Lux from Urban Outfitters. I searched high and low for these jeans in the stores, but they were sold out. Alas, I praise the virtues of online shopping! They had my size and they were on my doorstep 4 days after I ordered them. I'm a happy customer! The jeans are worn with a Paul & Joe for Target sweater and my Nine West "Metropop" sandals.

I've actually had this faux fur leopard shrug for years and it's gotten much use. It has a beautiful pink satin lining, which isn't pictured. I think it works well over a sleeveless dress or a monochromatic outfit, but it does little to keep me warm.

animal printsHere are a few more animal print picks. Clockwise from top left:

Candies Gunni leopard ballet flats, kohls.com, $12.97, Wet Seal sateen heart buckle jacket in zebra print, wetseal.com, $39.50, Bebe silk vested blouse, bebe.com, $79, animal print hoop earrings, gojane.com, $1.99, Forever 21 leopard faux fur cape, $39.80, and Dolce & Gabbana animalier leopard hobo, saksfifthavenue.com, $650.

Photo credit: bebe.com, forever21.com, wetseal.com, saksfifthavenue.com, kohls.com, gojane.com.