© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Coolibar - Style Protection Factor

As someone who takes sun protection very seriously, I was pleased to read about a company called Coolibar in Newsweek magazine several months ago. As a resident of southern California, the end of summer does not mean the end of outdoor activities. I keep my sunblock handy at all times. My main complaint about sunblock is the thick and sticky consistency that can stain clothing and transfer onto the interior of my car. Luckily, there are other options for sun protection in addition to sunblock. Coolibar, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, designs, manufactures, and markets sun protection products ranging from clothing and swimwear to hats, umbrellas, and sunglasses. I think this is such a great idea!

I believe that sun protection is something that too many people overlook in their daily lives. As someone who is allergic to some of the ingredients in most sunblocks, it took many years for me to find the right one. I think that protecting yourself from the damaging rays of the sun can make you look years younger in the long run and can help save you from skin cancer. I make liberal use of hats, large sunglasses, and protective clothing when I spend time outdoors. While I did a small amount of sunbathing as a teenager, these days I prefer the natural, fair-skinned look. I am proud to write that I have never been to a tanning salon, despite growing up in a beach city that had one on every corner.

Each year, more than 1.3 million people are diagnosed with skin cancer. Let's decrease this number by using sun protection products to protect ourselves!

Coolibar's clothing contains titanium dioxide permanently bonded to the microfibers of each textile. Unlike sunscreen, Coolibar's lightweight clothing provides a physical block that won't wash or wear off and can shade the skin from both UVA and UVB rays. The clothing is even comfortable in heat and humidity. For more information on the company and its wide variety of products, check out their website.


Coolibar