© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Target Loot

If I were into camping, I swear I'd pitch a tent and live at Target. OK, so I exaggerate a little. But that should give you some idea of how much I love this place. When I was vacationing in Melbourne 8 years ago, I needed a swimsuit, so I went to Target to find one. Little did I know that I'd be in for a shock! Target in Australia was the equivalent of Macy's or perhaps even a Nordstrom in California. It was immaculate, well-merchandised, and upscale. The only similarity between Target in the U.S. and Target in Australia at that time was basically the name and the logo. Well since then, Target's product offerings in the U.S. have improved dramatically. With everything from Luella's GO International line to Rachel Ashwell's Simply Shabby Chic houseware collection, I can have a piece of the "masstige" pie. This season, some of the Women's sweaters, dress shirts, and jackets by Mossimo and Isaac Mizrahi rival those of J. Crew and Banana Republic in appearance. Now, if only Target would add a European-style bakery and café!


I may not be French, but at least I can pretend to look the part with the pom-pom tam hat and armwarmer-gloves that I just found at Target. Now I just have to wait patiently for the weather to cool down...or go on vacation.

bow necklace I finally bought this playful bow necklace by Dominique Cohen. Oddly enough, it was not on display in the jewelry case and I had to ask for it. To my surprise, the necklace is heavier than I thought. No cheap plastic here! It's well worth the $34.99 price tag.

Simply Shabby Chic comforter quiltEvery so often, I like to change the comforter on my bed because quite frankly, I get bored with looking at the same one all the time. The Simply Shabby Chic collection by Rachel Ashwell has some new prints and I know that once they're gone from the store shelves, they'll be gone forever to make room for new prints. I currently have the British Rose quilt on my bed (you can see it in the background) and I know it's no longer available, except at vintage and thrift stores. I bought this one (I'm not sure what the name of the print is) but it will add some pink to my blue, green, and white bedroom.