© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Owl On A Limb

Paul & Joe for Target owl handbag
Ah, glorious ebay. It's the place to look for sold-out items, especially pieces from Target's older Go International designers' collections. When I first spied this Paul and Joe owl handbag in a Teen Vogue ad, I knew I wanted it. Alas, it was never stocked in my local Target store and I didn't see it at any other Target locations. To be honest, it's been so long since the Paul & Joe GO International line was in Target that I forgot about the existence of this bag. That was until I saw a teenage girl carrying it on the street 2 weeks ago. It immediately caught my attention and I made a mental note to check ebay. After all, you can find almost anything on ebay if you look often enough. I found one that was new with tags, but I was too late to place a bid because the auction had ended. It's probably a good thing, because when it got down to the wire, people went bid-crazy and the price was driven to over $70. Lucky seller! I know that Target sold this bag for the friendly price of $34.99. I guess the GO International merchandise is worth much more once the collections have sold out and new designers have been introduced. I'm curious as to how different the range of GO International merchandise is at each store in my area. Do some stores stock much more than others? I'm tempted to check each store near me on a regular basis, but that could get expensive. Plus, it's slightly obsessive. Anyhow, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Hollywould on October 14 and Erin Fetherston's designs on November 18. In the meantime, I'll keep checking ebay for my highly coveted owl handbag.