© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

O.C. B-day Loot

Ah, Orange County, California. It's where I can shop at Henry's Marketplace for hard-to-find Honeycrisp apples and delicious dried fruits, where I can buy stacks of Japanese fashion magazines at Kinokuniya, where I can sip the sinfully delicious honey milk tea from Boba World, where I can shop at either Prada or H&M in the same mall, and where there is cultural diversity and great street style. It's such a contrast from where I live! Today I experienced a few of these things and I have some birthday loot. I shopped at the two-story Target in Westminster Mall for the first time and I was impressed by the escalator that they had specifically for shopping carts. You just push your cart throught the mini doors and it glides right onto the track at about the same speed as the "people" escalators.


Forever 21 strawberry hoodie

This strawberry printed hoodie is the only piece I bought from F21. The store had an abundance of sequined dresses, sweaters, and tank tops. They also had a good selection of mid-thigh length faux wool coats in cocoon or bubble shapes and also in trapeze silhouettes. ** June 12, 2008 Update - I have noticed a large number of visitors who find this post via a link on the EOnline message board. Since it's quite popular, (and was worn by one of Hef's girlfriends on The Girls Next Door) I am willing to sell this hoodie. It is no longer available from Forever 21 and has been worn by me less than 3 times. It's a size medium, with 95% cotton and 5% spandex. Please contact me by either leaving a comment or emailing me if you're interested.

cameo hair clips How cute are these cameo bobby pins that I bought at Target? They look like they coordinate with some pieces from the Dominique Cohen collection.
I picked up this faux jeweled bracelet as an impulse buy for $6 at Wet Seal. It has a variety of pretty hues and will instantly dress up any outfit without being too flashy. Sometimes I just get into the mood to buy accessories...

Ever since I admired a leopard print bag at an Aldo Accessories store in Vancouver many months ago, I've been looking for one like that that doesn't look cheap. This one from Wet Seal is perfect. It has a nice furry texture, lots of pockets inside, a canvas lining, and was only $39.50. They had another simpler one with a leopard print that was quilted and had a bowler shape, but I opted for this one.

At first glance these silver boots may appear space-age or tacky, but I've been looking for closed-toe silver shoes for so long. They also came in gold. I love the conical shaped heel, the oversized button detail, and the scrunching. The round toe is perfectly in line with this season's shoe shape, and it also means they'll be comfortable.
For those of you who are familiar with Orange County, I went to The Camp for lunch. It was my first time there, although I've been to The Lab across the street many times before. For those of you who aren't familiar, The Camp is an eco-friendly outdoor shopping area just down the street from South Coast Plaza, one of the most luxurious shopping malls ("centers") in the United States. South Coast Plaza earns some of the highest dollars per square foot of any mall in the country. Stores include Nordstrom, Diesel, Versace, Chanel, Tiffany & Co., Zara, Bloomingdales, Saks, Sears, J. Crew, Crate & Barrel, Tod's, Montblanc, Burberry, and Pottery Barn. The Camp and The Lab bill themselves as the "anti-mall", as they have more of a hippie or indie vibe about them. I'll post photos of the Camp and review the restaurant that I ate at called Native Foods very soon, so check back shortly!