© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Very Vintage

As the child of parents who loved shopping for and collecting antiques, I often dreaded those endless, boring shopping excursions that involved winding my way through crowded, dusty antique stores with cranky owners and creaky floors. It took a long time before I developed an appreciation for all things "antique" or "vintage." When I was younger, I longed for sleek, modern items with which to decorate the home. Well as I got older, naturally, my tastes have changed and I have come to enjoy browsing antique shops (which are a dying breed in my community) and I absolutely love shopping at the Rose Bowl Flea Market.

You can find practically anything imaginable at the Rose Bowl. The thing that draws me back month after month is the hope that new and familiar vendors will be there with different merchandise time after time. I also enjoy watching the wide range of people who come to shop there. I've seen everything from Japanese tourists, professional antique dealers, musicians, hipster kids, grandparents, and shopaholics like myself. The one complaint that I have is that aside from the roasted almonds and some of the food vendors, the Rose Bowl Flea Market has unappealing, unhealthy food. The concession stands sell hot dogs, pretzels, chips, soda, and other junk food that I don't consume. For those that want to drink, they even have Bloody Marys and beer. I once ate a Philly steak sandwich that was composed mostly of fatty meat and soggy bread. Ugh! It would be nice to be able to get a fresh sandwich or a bowl of fruit, but alas, I can't have everything I want. With the incredible selection of restaurants in the Pasadena area, all I really have to do is wait until I leave the flea market to have lunch.

But I digress. Back to the point of this post. Here are some photos of items that looked interesting to me on last Sunday's shopping excursion.

Rose Bowl Flea Market

Shabby chic furniture

Rose Bowl Flea Market

Artwork

Rose Bowl Flea Market

Leather jackets

Rose Bowl Flea Market Metallic biker jacket - looks like something Michael Jackson might have worn.

Rose Bowl Flea Market
Tons of shoes
Rose Bowl Flea Market Denim boots - I used to have some like these in the 80's.

Rose Bowl Flea Market Bohemian chic

Rose Bowl Flea MarketHome and garden decor

Rose Bowl Flea Market
Jewelry

Rose Bowl Flea MarketTie-dye

Rose Bowl Flea Market

Shabby chic home decor