© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

T Time

Admittedly, I have never been much of a DIY-er until I learned how to sew. One of my regrets is that I didn't learn to sew when I was a child. It would have been to fun to develop such an important and valuable skill when I was younger. Nevertheless, life is an ongoing journey, filled with new experiences and opportunities to learn and grow. I bought a book at Urban Outfitters recently entitled "Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt." Combined with my new sewing machine, the projects outlined in this book could keep me occupied for hours. I have tons of T-shirts which could use a makeover.

Generation T book
This evening I reworked two T-shirts. I'll post photos of the first one at a later time, as I haven't photographed it yet. The second shirt that I completed was a Dr. Seuss T-shirt that I just bought at the Rose Bowl for $10. Following the instructions in the book, I turned it into a halter top in less than half an hour. This style of halter top has always been one of my favorites because it shows off the shoulders, upper back, and collar bone without being overtly sexy.

DIY t-shirt project
I am pleased with the results! For the neck tie, I used the leftover waistband hem from a camisole that I had previously shortened. Not bad for someone with minimal sewing skills!