© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sunday's Shopping

Pasadena is always a refreshing and exciting place to visit for the day. It has the charm of a suburban city with the diversity and sophistication of a large city. Its great restaurants, fantastic museums, interesting architecture, and trendy tea houses make it a charming city! On Sunday I went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market, where the weather was a comfortable 80 degrees, which is unusually cool for this time of the year for Pasadena. I was on the prowl for a fedora hat, a vintage Pan Am shoulder bag, some home decor for the guest bedroom, and some vintage Ray Bans. Unfortunately, I didn't find any of those things, but I found lots of other exciting items later that day at F21 and H&M.

Vintage-looking pins from F21.

I found this silk paillette top by DKNY for $10 at the flea market.

I couldn't resist this wool jacket with puffy sleeves from F21.

Ah, the oh-so-trendy-printed scarf with fringe.

Breezy sequin dress with lining from F21. It's a little bit 1920s if worn with a cloche or a velvet headband across the forehead and some T-strap heels or Mary Janes.

I've given in to the neon trend. Perhaps it's just a fad, only time will tell. In any case, I've been influenced by those bright outfits on Reykjavik Looks.

Yes, I am a product of the '80s. Madonna and Punky Brewster were my style icons when I was growing up. Two '80s trends that I'll never embrace: acid-washed denim and stirrup pants. They were horrible the first time around.