© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Ready, Set, Shop

This past weekend was nothing short of shopping heaven for me. I updated my wardrobe for fall without spending loads of money. I shop everywhere from boutiques to flea markets to mass market chains and discounters. I feel that great fashion can be found anywhere, and great accessories can really change the look of an outfit. For example, a vintage handbag can add creativity to a designer blouse. It's all about blending to create your own look. Here are some of my mass market finds (Target, Macy's, F21, Old Navy & Cost Plus World Market):



I scored this striped cardigan sweater for $13.99 on sale at Old Navy. I had previously admired it and was ecstatic when I saw that it was marked down. I think it will give an edgy, artsy look when I layer T-shirts or tanks underneath it and pair with some colored skinnies.

Here is my take on the much-hyped-about Balenciaga trend of ethnic scarves paired with blazers this season. (Jodphurs not included, sorry.) I found this beautiful scarf at Cost Plus World Market for $4.99.

Right now I feel like Target's biggest fan. They are partnering with the hottest designers to create lines for their stores. The Dominique Cohen jewelry line is no exception. I love the cameo necklaces and the faux pearl necklace wrapped in black lace. The piece that I really fell for, however, was this "beau coeur" copper colored ring. It's inscribed with the French words for "beautiful heart" and has a cutout of a heart turned sideways in the middle. Rustic and romantic!

I couldn't help but add another sequin top to my collection. (I bought a few from F21 already.) This one from F21 is two trends in one - shine and purple. I'd like to wear it with lavender skinnies like the ones I saw a few months ago at Urban Outfitters.

At F21 I noticed an abundance of sweater dresses and sweater babydoll tunics. I love the bib detail and the fabric buttons on this one. It works well as a dress or when it gets cooler, as a top.


At Macy's, I bought this jewel tone blue satin top by American Rag ($39). Note the puffy sleeves and the adorable tie detail.

Ah, the wonders of print ads. I saw this shiny wet-look top in a Macy's ad and was very interested. In the ad, it was layered underneath something else and paired with plaid shorts. I also saw it modeled by Petra Nemcova (worn with a belt) in another ad. I'll wear it out at night with black skinnies and my favorite belt to define my waist.