© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Mall Rat

Happy Saturday! I did some good shopping today at The Oaks mall in Thousand Oaks. The mall is currently undergoing renovation, and when the dust settles, there will be a brand new Nordstrom and lots of new shops with an outdoor shopping area. I can't wait! I saw and purchased lots of good loot and I will be posting photos in the coming days.

Surprisingly, I also saw a few good street style candidates, but I was not in the mood for shooting today. One young man near the Urban Outfitters store had a printed scarf tied around his neck just like they're doing all over Europe. Another girl had a cute headband worn across her forehead, hippie style. In contrast to the streets of Santa Barbara, I observed that lots of guys were wearing skinny jeans, and I spotted one guy with a Pete Doherty-style hat, a black vest, and some ripped skinnies. Pretty stylish for good old suburban Thousand Oaks! Later on at a movie theater, a young teenage girl grabbed my attention with her adorable plaid high-waisted suspender skirt and some printed socks pulled up to the knee. Her look was schoolgirl-meets-punk. I was impressed, it seems that the fall trends are hitting the streets already...