© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Blah, blah, blogs

So I've been doing this blogging thing for almost six months now, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone! I started reading fashion blogs in January of this year, as I often had free time at work and would browse online for fashion news and inspiration. I spend lots of time on the internet daily and this leads me to do a brief post about what makes a blog worth reading. I have several favorite blogs which I read almost daily, and they all have these characteristics in common:

Easy to read - When I'm browsing blogs, I often scan them quickly for interesting information and pay more attention when something catches my eye. Blogs that are clear, concise, and have brief blog posts are the easiest to read when you're scanning. Furthermore, proper grammar and spelling makes your blog easy to read and also more credible.

Visual stimulation - I think great blogs have a balance between photos and written content. Too many photos without commentary can be boring, as too many words without visual representation can also make a reader lose interest. Think of a blog like a resume. An employer may spend 30 seconds looking at it, so make sure you catch their attention.

Stay current & keep 'em hooked - My favorite bloggers update quite often - most of them daily. This keeps their readers interested and increases blog traffic.

Show me your skills - Fashion bloggers do what they do for a reason. Are you a talented DIYer? An engaging writer? A spectacular photographer? A style expert with great tips and advice? Do you scout street style? Are you a shopaholic who wants to share your latest purchases? Are you obsessed with magazines and runway shows? Do you sell or reconstruct vintage clothing? Whatever your passion is, you have something to contribute to the world and your blog is your showcase for that. The best blogs have a focus and they offer original information or inspiration to other fashion devotees.