© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bedroom Makeover

I am very excited about my current household project - redecorating the guest bedroom. Right now it serves as overflow for the massive amount of clothing, shoes, and books that I have obtained over the years. There are so many things that I want to keep given the cyclical nature of fashion. Most of my stuff is bound to be in style again soon, so I can't bear to part with it. Then there are those items that I hold onto in the event that I gain or lose a little weight. There are also lots of things that I have donated lately to charities and thrift stores in my community, which always makes me feel good.

I started shopping for the guest bedroom almost two weeks ago, and I picked up this secretary mirror at Urban Outfitters for $24. It goes with the design theme of both my bedroom and the guest bedroom. Right now, I'm using it to hang some of my longer necklaces.


shabby chic mirrorFor some reason, I have always preferred white or black furniture. Since the design theme that I had originally wanted to go with included antique black furniture that was very difficult to find, I chose instead to buy two of these white Caroline chests from the Stanley Young America collection. I currently have their Isabella chest in my room, and I'm very happy with the design details and the high quality. Luckily, the chests were on sale for half off - that's why I bought two. Plus, I need lots of clothing storage space. I think that since the walls are white, white furniture will make the room look bigger compared to black furniture.

shabby chic bureau Now I have to choose two headboards for the two twin beds in the room, two bedding sets, and probably a large bookcase to hold my notebooks and books. Target has great prices and lots of selection on their website, but I'm also very fond of many pieces in the Young America collection. It's gonna be tough deciding, but it will be so much fun!

Photo credit: youngamerica.com