© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Life and Libertine

The one piece from the Libertine for Target line that I was excited about and anxiously awaiting the arrival of was the striped shirtdress. There is something innocent and sexy about a shirtdress that I cannot fully explain. They are polished and professional, yet casual and flirtatious all at the same time. Having read the not-so-great online reviews from customers who bought the plain Libertine shirtdress in the off-white color, I expected this one to also have very little shape and to fit like a tent. I bought an extra small in anticipation of the lack of shape this dress would have. Once I pulled it over my head, I noticed without surprise that the shoulder/underarm area was a just a bit tight. Oh well, I guess I won't be raising my arms while I wear this dress. Maybe I should quit lifting weights? Other than that, I was pleased with the fit. The dress hits at the knee, which is a good length for flattering the legs.

I photographed the dress without any accessories, and to be quite frank, it reminds me vaguely of a hospital gown (especially with the fine stripes). With a few simple accessories, the dress looks brilliant. I turned down the collar, added a vintage belt that I had when I was a kid and a fabric beaded necklace, and voila! The dress has shape and character! I'm so excited. It's so versatile that the possibilities for accessorizing this dress are endless: flat boots, patent pumps, a knit beanie, a brown leather belt, some tights for cold weather, a sweater vest layered on top, etc.

Libertine for Target dress