© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Make A Statement T's

While I am rarely surprised by the speed at which Los Angeles-based retailer Forever 21 churns out inexpensive runway knockoffs, I admit to being a tad impressed by the timely presence of these House of Holland-esque T-shirts at the Forever 21 on DeLacey St. in Pasadena. This is the first time that I have seen these T's knocked off, and they came up with some slogans that are equally as obnoxious as "Get Your Freak On Giles Deacon" or "Cause Me Pain Hedi Slimane". I was excited when I saw them, but my excitement turned to disappointment when I was close enough to read the slogans on them. I wouldn't wear any of these slogans plastered across my body. The bright colors are enough to draw attention to yourself, so the slogan should be something that reflects your personality, and all of these seem tacky to me. I personally despise the song "This Is Why I'm Hot" and will leave the dance floor if the DJ decides to spin it. Likewise, "You Don't Mean Nothing At All To Me" means absolutely nothing to me. And "Drop Her Pick Me" may be something I'm saying inside my head but would not actually say to someone, let alone wear on a T. These slogans remind me of those vapid T's that say "Nothing To Wear". Why waste the opportunity to make a fashion statement on a statement T that says how un-creative you are? Perhaps when they have a T with a meaningful political or environmental statement, I'll pick one up. (Maybe if it's made of all natural dyes and organic cotton?)

statement t-shirt
statement t-shirt

statement t-shirt Photos courtesy of forever21.com