© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jump Into It

Forever 21 romper jumpsuit

When I saw a few jumpsuits (playsuits, rompers, or whatever you want to call them) on the Forever 21 website last night, I knew it was time to pay my local F21 store a visit. It just so happened that when I entered the store, several of the sales staff were very helpful in aiding me on my quest for the trendy items. As a side note, I searched unsuccessfully for high-waisted shorts, because they did not receive any yet. After trying on about 4 different jumpsuits, I ended up buying the black cotton one pictured above as well as a black cotton halter style that had full length, wide legs. The jumpsuit pictured above looks better on, when the drawstring is tied tight and the top is bunched up for a blouson effect. For a nighttime look, I will pair it with some metallic leggings, a fun necklace, some wedges, a faux tan, and a smile. This is one of my favorite summer trends and when I saw jumpsuits all over the London retail scene, I thought it would take months to reach the States. Well it's only been a month, and I'm not complaining. Now if I could only find some corset style high-waisted jeans like the ones I tried on at Topshop...

Like I "predicted", the maxi dress is in full force. I saw many styles of printed maxi dresses at my F21 store. I think I'll pass on those. My favorite maxi dress is this gauze one I bought from Target by Patrick Robinson.


Patrick Robinson for Target maxi dress
Photo credit: forever21.com and target.com