© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Why I Love London

My recent trip to London was a great learning experience. I have lived in many places (on the East Coast of the U.S. and in southern California) and I have come to realize that almost every time I take a vacation, it's to a major city. Does this mean that I want to live in a big city? Well, no, but big cities offer so much more than suburban cities. Here is what I loved about London:
  • the sheer diversity of its residents - you walk down the street and hear five different languages in five minutes
  • the fabulous food halls in department stores, especially Harrods
  • the convenience of having great supermarkets in the middle of the city
  • the fantastic array of restaurants (I ate a different type of cuisine every day for a week)
  • the dizzying selection of shopping areas, high street stores, street markets, and boutiques
  • the inspirational street styles that I saw all around the city
  • the cleanliness of the streets given there are few trash cans (I often saw workers sweeping the streets)
  • the efficiency, speed, and cleanliness of the tube (it was the best way to get around and it never let me down)
  • the great selection of theatres, plays, and museums
  • the amazing architecture and rich history of London (there is so much to see and learn)
  • the beautiful parks and gardens that can be found all over the place (they offer a peaceful break from the hustle and bustle)
  • the TopShop and Primark flagships!!!!!
  • interesting nightclubs, pubs, and taverns
  • very attractive men in tailored suits, especially on Savile Row :)