© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Come to Market

Portobello Road Market


Portobello Road Market

Portobello Road Market

Portobello Road Market
Today I visited the world famous Portobello Road Market in London. It was definitely worth navigating through the frustrating masses of people (mostly tourists like myself) because I purchased one-of-a-kind items. For example, I bought some handmade sock-booties with thin leather soles (2 for 9 pounds), an adorable handmade handbag with great patchwork detailing (27 pounds), and a canvas handbag with nautical stripes. I have been looking for a striped bag like this for so long!! And the price (13 pounds bargained down from 15 pounds) was great! I also picked up some cute London-themed coasters and dined on fantastic spicy Lebanese potatoes and rice for lunch. Later in the day, I went to the V and A to look at their New York fashion designers exhibit and their textiles collection. I'll have tons of photos on this later!! In the V and A gift shop, I bought some cute blank cards, some girly fashion-themed postcards, and some lace gloves. Then it was on to Knightsbridge and more shopping. I checked out Harvey Nichols and the 5th floor food court, where they have juice samples, a sushi bar, a supermarket, a bar, and a restaurant. I bought some Duchy Originals biscuits and some Turkish delight. Now I feel so British! Stay tuned for more of my London shopping excitement.