© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Max It Out

ethnic print sundress
Ladies, are you ready for the printed maxi dress? I photographed this great ethnic printed dress in a Charlotte Russe window recently. It's not exactly a maxi dress, but it illustrates my point. While I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Charlotte Russe, I'll give them credit for taking a risk with this dress. The first thing that came to mind when I saw this dress was Spring 2004. I distinctly remember the African and Indian prints that were popular that season. One of my fashion projects in school was based upon this trend. While the "World Market trend" (as we called it) was in almost every store that season, I am personally not ready to be seeing it again after 3 short years. I even saw some bohemian maxi dresses at Target a few weeks ago. This is probably one trend that I'll have to veto because it does not flatter me. If it appeals to you, then go for it. Be sure to pair it with long, wavy hair, some gladiator sandals, and some colorful beaded jewelry.