© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Just Don't Do It

I am a self-described fashion addict, people watcher, and trend analyst. I take note of stylish people wherever I go. On the other hand, I also observe those who are not so blessed in the style department. This leads me to make a short list of trends that I would like to see abolished once and for all:

1. Ugg boots (or a style resembling Ugg boots) tucked into sweat pants
2. Camouflage - leave that to the military (Sean A., don't you agree?)
3. Super low-rise jeans
4. Printed polyester tops with asymmetrical hems - they just look cheap

On a more positive note, some of my favorite Spring 2007 trends are:

1. Rosette details - they're so dainty and so pretty
2. Patent leather accessories
3. Shiny metallics - my gold handbag from Fall 2005 is still in style :)
4. Babydoll silhouettes - they flatter almost every body type
5. Geek chic - it's cool to wear cardigans, glasses, and preppy pieces
6. Pleated shorts
7. Bright hues - goldenrod, kelly green, cobalt blue
8. Platforms and wedges
9. Khaki - neutrals work well with many of the other spring trends
10. Nautical - I love the combo of red, white & blue
11. Wide-leg jeans - get a pair if you don't have some already! They are flattering when worn with pointy shoes because they create the illusion of longer legs.