© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Back to School




July is almost over, can you believe it? For students, that means the back-to-school season is nearly here. Although I'm no longer a student, I can still feel the anticipation and excitement in the air. The end of summer conjures up fond memories of shopping and styling new looks for the school year. It's all about looking effortlessly chic, being confident, and having fun with new twists on fall fashion. Plus, who doesn't love to see the new fall arrivals that hit the racks this time of year? 

This fall, I've teamed up with Sears to showcase my take on their Back To School, Back To You theme by styling a back-to-school look featuring my favorite trend - fall florals. One glance into my closet will reveal that blooming bouquets rule; they've always appealed to my sartorial senses. 

For fall, I'm especially drawn to darker, moodier florals. Not sure how to style flower printed pieces for fall? If you're brave, mix florals with plaids for an updated take on grunge, or opt for an understated vibe by anchoring florals with solid separates such as moto jackets, cozy cardigans, dark denim, cute boots, and sleek blazers. 

Using fall florals as my back-to-school theme, I styled a relaxed head-to-toe look with some top picks from the Here + Now department at Sears.  The hard part was narrowing down my favorite floral pieces because fortunately, there was an abundance of choice in my Sears store. After trying on a few looks in the fitting room, I went with my instinct and based my look around this floral print jumpsuit


Sears Style floral jumpsuit with Bongo cardigan and Seventeen western ankle boots, #SearsStyleFind
Sears Style floral jumpsuit with Bongo cardigan
Sears Style floral jumpsuit with Bongo cardigan and Seventeen western ankle boots
Sears Style floral jumpsuit with Bongo cardigan
Rag & Bone Harrow inspired western boots by Seventeen at Sears
Sears Style floral jumpsuit with Bongo cardigan and Seventeen western ankle boots

Outfit c/o Sears: Metaphor sunglasses, JWK floral jumpsuit, Bongo cocoon cardigan, Metaphor studded cross body bag (similar version), initial bracelet, and Seventeen microsuede Western ankle boots

As soon as I spotted the floral print jumpsuit, I knew it had to be mine. The relaxed fit, pockets, and lace trim instantly drew me in. I envisioned wearing it for summer with strappy sandals, a sheer kimono jacket, and stacked bangles.  For my fall back-to-school inspired look, I'm wearing it with a cocoon cardigan, studded crossbody bag, and Western ankle boots. The comfort factor of the jumpsuit rivals that of pajamas, making it an obvious choice for casual days. If I were a student, it would be a top pick for my first day back at school.

For more back-to-school fall floral inspiration, have a peek at my Pinterest and Instagram photos. 
Sears logo


The hottest trends, celebrity style and fashion tips you can afford to try. 

Compensation was provided by Sears via Mode Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sears.