© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Style Tour

Westfield Style Tour, Stacy London

Westfield Style Tour

Westfield Style Tour

Westfield Style Tour

Westfield Style Tour

Westfield Style Tour

Westfield Style Tour

This weekend I had the chance to combine several activities that I love: shopping, styling, and chatting about personal style and trends with fashion experts. As part of the Westfield Style Tour, I had a complimentary consultation at the shopping center with a Style for Hire stylist, who helped me to pick out an outfit based upon my lifestyle, body type, and trend preferences. What better way to spend a day? I admit, as a shopaholic, I was practically in heaven being surrounded by racks of shoes, clothing, and accessories. Beauty consultants were also on hand at the Style Tour to offer makeup and skin care tips.
My wardrobe stylist, Lani, listened to my love of sequins, shine, and platforms when choosing a look for me. She selected a nighttime look for me consisting of: a versatile black mini dress with a sparkly belt, sequin platform pumps, an oversized sequin clutch, and a regal-looking lace coat by Bebe. Each piece was actually something that I loved and would wear. To make it convenient for me to do my shopping, the stylists used their iPads to immediately e-mail me a list of the pieces they picked out so that I could find them at the mall.
After my styling session, I had the chance to speak with Stacy London, who trained the stylists and was on hand to host a talk show and a fall fashion show. (She was so enthusiastic, and I felt like I could talk to her for hours about fashion, shopping, and personal style.) She looked super chic in a green polka dot pencil skirt and leopard cardigan from H&M with strappy Alexandre Birman heels. As we talked, we agreed that when shopping, it's important to know what you need beforehand, because a list will help you build your wardrobe and put outfits together that you'll actually wear. The key to shopping wisely is to buy outfits, not pieces. Too often, I'm definitely guilty of buying random pieces that I don't know how to incorporate into my wardrobe. We also discussed cost per wear with regards to footwear, and we were in accordance that it's well worth it to spend more on quality shoes with good arch support, since they'll last longer, be more comfortable, and will get more wear than a cheaper pair of lesser quality.
I learned a lot of helpful style and shopping tips from Stacy, and took copious notes during her talk show at the event, where she interviewed guests in the fashion and entertainment industry. To see more photos and read the style advice that Stacy gave, please have a look at my other blog, The Key To Chic, this week.
© 2011 fashiontrendguide.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.